Pastor Randy loves performing weddings! He creates a custom ceremony for the couple, eases the stress of the bride and groom, and ensures that the ceremony is everything they desire … and more! He loves this ministry because he gets to share with each bride and groom the beginning of their life together! Randy earned a Masters degree in Theology from Cathedral College in California. He has planted three churches, been a Police Chaplain, a Bible College Professor, and has written several books for collegiate academic use. Randy and his wife Mari, have four grown children and enjoy spoiling the five grandkids before sending them home with mom and dad!
WHO IS RANDY DICKEN?
• I’m married to a beautiful Latina, Mari, and have 4 grown kids and 8 grandkids.
• What do I really like to do? I really like hanging out with my wife (and I think she likes
hanging out with me, too!).
• We love to go on cruises together. I like to sit on the bow with a cup of coffee and watch the dolphins swim alongside the ship.
• My dream vacation? I’d like to take a river cruise through Europe and through the interior of Alaska.
• I was an Air Force “brat” and attended high school in Okinawa, Japan. Instead of taking a bus to sporting events, our football team flew on jets to the other islands to participate in the games—one of my favorite memories.
• My favorite food is Mexican, but it has to be a place where Mexicans eat, because then you know it’s authentic and good. However, nobody does it better than my mother-inlaw; being from Mexico, her cooking is the absolute best! (and my wife agrees).
• As a hobby, woodworking is it. “I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree…” I think trees are beautiful—whether in the ground or repurposed as furniture, bowls, candlesticks or pens.
• I love the original Rocky movie. It not only speaks to the indomitable spirit of man, but to the inspiration to make one’s dreams come true.
• The most influential person in my life is Brian Buffini, hands down. He immigrated to the US about 35 years ago with $92 in his pocket. He has since started or purchased more than 85 businesses. He speaks to my soul in a profound way!
• The best advice I have ever been given is this: “Work harder on yourself than you do on your business, and you’ll go from making a living to making a fortune!”