Mike Ryherd received his Master of Divinity from Southern Methodist University and has served as pastor of a non-denominational church in Little Elm, TX. Mike has 3 beautiful daughters and loves being a proud dad. Can’t you tell? Check out that dimple! Something makes him happy! Mike says, “Working with LoveNotes gives me the opportunity to make a marriage made in heaven a reality here on earth. Now isn’t that something to be happy about?”
WHO IS MIKE RYHERD?
• I was adopted at the age of five months and grew up the younger of two boys. In 2010, my biological sister contacted me and revealed that I am actually the second of twelve siblings.
• I have three beautiful, incredible daughters and I am so very proud of them.
• I am a Southpaw.
• Big fan of The Office.
• I played quarterback in both high school and college.
• In an “On-again-Off-again” relationship with the Dallas Cowboys. It’s pretty serious, but we break up most Sundays and have withdrawn all talk about a ring.
• I am not afraid of snakes, cream corn, or yellow school buses…I just detest them all.
• I love Jesus. I love people.
• In 2011, I started a mentoring program for at-risk children in the Lewisville Independent School District called “Hangtime Lunch.”
• I wrote a book entitled, 52 Lies Every Parent Should Tell Their Kids. The purpose of the book is to expose the lies our children face every day, and to give them practical teaching from God’s Word regarding these issues.
• Since 2013, I have served as senior leader of Abiding Peace Community Church in Flower Mound, Texas.
• Best advice given: “Agree with what God says and not what you feel.”
• My favorite quote is from the Bible: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10). In other words, if you want to become wise, you must begin by respecting the Lord.