Affectionately known as ‘Minister Marty, the Marryin’ Man,’ Rev. Marty Younkin is Executive Director of LoveNotes~DFW Clergy Services/The Knot Tyers. After graduation from Dallas Theological Seminary, Marty became a singles pastor in a large non-denominational church in Dallas, but eventually married off most of the singles in his class. It was then he discovered the joy of uniting two people together in marriage. “I love Love,” says Marty. “I have the best job in the world!” So for more than 45 years, he has continued to “tie the knot” for literally thousands of couples. Marty’s passion for love, marriage, and weddings was the inspiration behind his best selling wedding book, A Wedding Ceremony to Remember – Perfect Words for the Perfect Wedding, a ceremony planner to help couples design their own unique wedding ceremony from entrance to exit. Rev. Marty Younkin and the LoveNotes Knot Tyers are dedicated to making your “happily ever after” chapter come true with these three little words… “As you wish!”
WHO IS MARTY YOUNKIN?
• I am married to the girl of my dreams and love being Dad to 3 great kids.
• I am a twin, but she’s a lot prettier than me!
• I am an Ohio State Buckeyes and Big 10 fan. Love all the teams. Go Bucks!
• In high school, I played the concert piano with the Ohio Youth Symphony Orchestra.
• I was a “band geek” and played the trombone. (Glenn Miller I wasn’t.)
• I won ballroom dancing contests with my twin sister and still love to dance today.
• I was a long distance runner and body builder a looooooooong time ago!
• I had a stuttering problem until my mid-20’s. My mother said she always hoped to have a minister in the family but never dreamed it would be m-m-m-m-me!
• People think I look like KFC’s Colonel Sanders.
• I love Christmas and play Christmas music from October–February (I’m really Santa!)
• My nickname is “The Pillsbury Dough Boy” because I like to eat bread (all kinds and lots!).
• I am searching for and re-buying all my childhood toys that were lost or thrown away (still a kid at heart).
• A carton of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream can get me through the toughest day.
• I believe America is the greatest country on earth and am so grateful for the men and women who fight to keep it that way.
• My favorite saying is from my dad. “You can never go wrong by doing what’s right.”
• My advice to couples is this: “To keep love brimming in the marriage cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it—whenever you’re right, shut up!”
• My favorite Bible verse is Romans 12:9-11 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; hold on to what is good. Love each other deeply. Honor others more than yourselves. Never let the fire in your heart go out. Keep it alive. Serve the Lord with all your heart.”
• I asked God to teach me about love and he put me in the wedding business. How awesome is that? I love what I do!