Ken Byrd, aka “the Byrdman,” has been married for 50 years to… “the lovely Byrdwoman.” As a minister for more than 30 years, his favorite job has been working with student and young adult ministries. He also has a degree in communications from the University of Texas (Hook ‘em horns!) and has an extensive background in broadcasting. But of all the scripts he has been required to learn, he says there’s nothing quite like the joy of saying the words “I now pronounce you husband and wife.” He enjoys it every single time! Ken received the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Favorite Minister award from the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners.
WHO IS KEN BYRD?
• I’m married to the one and only love of my life for 50 years—TLBW—The Lovely Byrd Woman.
• The joy of having five grandsons is incredible!
• Over the last 35 years I’ve owned a dozen or so motorcycles—love to ride!
• I enjoy working on cars, motorcycles and bicycles.
• Most people call me Ken; as a kid it was Kenny; if my wife calls me “Kenneth” I know I’m in trouble…
• My bride and I love to hit garage sales and flea markets.
• I cannot imagine life without a dog!
• It surprises many people that I own several Glock handguns and qualify as a Glock armorer.
• If I could have any dinner guest, now or historical, it would be the Apostle Paul.
• I love to cook, especially Cajun & Creole.
• Spelling and grammar errors annoy me, thanks to my 11th grade English teacher.
• If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be Greece—history, scenery and food.
• My mother made me learn how to cook, sew, iron and clean. Hated it then, love it now. I miss her!
• A pleasant evening for us is sitting on the deck watching the cows in the pasture across the road. Ahhhh…the simple life.
• Love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”