Pastor Chris Sutton is a home-grown Texas boy, graduating from Texas Tech and Southwestern Theological Seminary with a doctoral degree. In addition to serving as senior pastor, he was a volunteer chaplain for a motorcycle ministry which took him behind prison walls to minister to inmates. And if you listen close enough, you might hear Chris singing and playing his guitar (teaching guitar is how he put himself through college). When asked his prescription for a perfect marriage (since his marriage is going on 40 years), Chris said, “A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other. Never give up!” Good advice from the doctor!
WHO IS CHRIS SUTTON?
• I have been married for 41 years with four adult children and four grandchildren.
• I love music and enjoy playing the acoustic guitar and electric bass.
• Two things I really like—motorcycles and golf courses.
• My wife and I like to travel to the NW Florida beaches, but my favorite vacation spot is Colorado to snow ski, one of my favorite memories.
• I love the Muppet movies because they make me laugh.
• Tex Mex and B-B-Q are on my all-time favorites menu.
• I believe that love is more than an emotion. It is an act of the will that results in action.
• Laughter with a long-time friend can get me through a hard day.
• One thing I’m very passionate about is encouraging young couples and trying to set an example for them.
• My favorite quote is from Abraham Lincoln—“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
• The most influential person in my life is Billy Graham. I gave my life to Christ during one of his messages and it changed my life forever.
• The best advice I have ever been given—“Read the Bible.”