After Chris Marx graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary, he served as Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and Youth Minister for more than 15 years. One of his favorite pastoral responsibilities was conducting wedding ceremonies, making them special and unique to tell the love story of each bride and groom. Chris is known for his warm, easy going personality and his infectious smile. He has never met a stranger! While people say Chris looks like Richard Gere, he has yet to have a “Runaway Bride!”
WHO IS CHRIS MARX?
• I’m married to the most special woman in the world…Susan!
• I’m the father of 5 fantastic kids—4 boys and 1 girl, and the grandfather of 6 healthy and beautiful grand babies! I am “Pop-pop” and my wife is “Lolly.” So together we are “Lollypop!”
• In my younger days, after the movie Pretty Woman came out, people mistakenly thought I was Richard Gere! I was actually paid to attend events portraying Richard Gere. Now…not so much! And, by the way, I have yet to have a “Runaway Bride!”
• I am a man of passion and strong convictions. I have the utmost respect for all those who have served in our military. Two of my sons were Army Rangers and my son-in-law is a Marine. To say thank you, I give discounts to those serving in the armed forces.
• I am known as the “Grillmaster!” I love to grill everything from chicken wings to pizza!
• My favorite movie is Princess Bride. I know every line!
• Ferrari’s in Grapevine is my favorite restaurant (it’s where I proposed to my wife!).
• The most influential person in my life was my grandfather. He exposed me to wonderful things like the summer musicals, fine dining and traveling the world.
• My favorite memory is sitting on the porch with my Grandfather, drinking a cold Dr. Pepper and listening to the St. Louis Cardinals’ games together.
• The best advice I was ever given: “When you are speaking to someone, always look them in the eye; and no matter who they are, focus on them as if they are the only person in the world.”
• After serving in pastoral positions for 15 years, my day job now is as a Financial Consultant, but my passion is still performing weddings!