WHO IS RANDY DICKEN?
• I’m married to a beautiful Latina, Mari, and have 4 grown kids and 8 grandkids.
• What do I really like to do? I really like hanging out with my wife (and I think she likes
hanging out with me, too!).
• We love to go on cruises together. I like to sit on the bow with a cup of coffee and watch the dolphins swim alongside the ship.
• My dream vacation? I’d like to take a river cruise through Europe and through the interior of Alaska.
• I was an Air Force “brat” and attended high school in Okinawa, Japan. Instead of taking a bus to sporting events, our football team flew on jets to the other islands to participate in the games—one of my favorite memories.
• My favorite food is Mexican, but it has to be a place where Mexicans eat, because then you know it’s authentic and good. However, nobody does it better than my mother-inlaw; being from Mexico, her cooking is the absolute best! (and my wife agrees).
• As a hobby, woodworking is it. “I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree…” I think trees are beautiful—whether in the ground or repurposed as furniture, bowls, candlesticks or pens.
• I love the original Rocky movie. It not only speaks to the indomitable spirit of man, but to the inspiration to make one’s dreams come true.
• The most influential person in my life is Brian Buffini, hands down. He immigrated to the US about 35 years ago with $92 in his pocket. He has since started or purchased more than 85 businesses. He speaks to my soul in a profound way!
• The best advice I have ever been given is this: “Work harder on yourself than you do on your business, and you’ll go from making a living to making a fortune!”