WHO IS MIKE RYHERD?
- I was adopted at the age of five months and grew up the younger of two boys. In 2010, my biological sister contacted me and revealed that I am actually the second of twelve siblings. I wrote a book called Kids Sold Separately, which is a semi-autobiographical account of the conditions in which my brother, Kevin and I were sold, as the first of twelve siblings by our biological parents in 1973.
- I have three beautiful, incredible daughters and I am so very proud of them.
- I am a Southpaw.
- Big fan of The Office.
- I played quarterback in both high school and college.
- In an “On-again-Off-again” relationship with the Dallas Cowboys. It’s pretty serious, but we break up most Sundays and have withdrawn all talk about a ring.
- I am not afraid of snakes, cream corn, or yellow school buses…I just detest them all.
- I love Jesus. I love people.
- In 2011, I started a mentoring program for at-risk children in the Lewisville Independent School District called “Hangtime Lunch.”
- I wrote another book entitled, 52 Lies Every Parent Should Tell Their Kids. The purpose of the book is to expose the lies our children face every day, and to give them practical teaching from God’s Word regarding these issues.
- Since 2013, I have served as senior leader of Abiding Peace Community Church in Flower Mound, Texas.
- Best advice given: “Agree with what God says and not what you feel.”
- My favorite quote is from the Bible: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10). In other words, if you want to become wise, you must begin by respecting the Lord.