WHO IS JOE ZINSER?
• I was married to Debbie for 21 years before she lost her life to breast cancer, which gave me a reason to do the Susan Komen 3 day/60 mile walk in her honor. We have 2 married children and 8 grandchildren.
• God blessed me with a re-connection to an old friend who married me on July 14, 2018. Sharon is the best of best friends and perfect wife.
• I raise a few cows and own a hay baling business in Sanger, TX
• When asked what my “real job” is, I tell them “people” are my real job. My specialized ministry provides a variety of clergy services for people who need a minister to minister to them! Being the “pastor” for a wedding and not just an “officiant” is my key objective.
• I love to do woodworking, whether it’s building or repairing cabinets or making something special out of wood.
• I’m an avid adventurer and love to travel. One of my favorite memories was the first time I saw Pearl harbor.
• My favorite restaurant? If I don’t have to cook it, that is my favorite restaurant! I will eat just about any kind of food put in front of me. I really like beef, especially if it’s one I raised myself.
• I can be made very happy with Oreos and cold milk (I still dunk my Oreos in milk, too. Isn’t that the proper way to eat them?).
• My all time favorite movie is Dirty Dancing—love the music, dancing and the integrity of Patrick Swayze’s character. My musical tastes include anything from Motown, Willie Nelson, Weekend, Walk the Moon, and of course, the famous Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble!
• I strongly support our military men and women, having been to bases and camps in Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Hawaii and the continental United States. I also stand with our police officers and fire personnel and deeply appreciate their service.
• My father was the most influential person in my life. He taught me how to love, how to create boundaries and to learn something new every day.
• My favorite quote —“Simply put, a marriage is not a marriage without the existence of two individuals who promised to love each other.” Jessica Gardner