WHO IS CHRIS MARX?
- I’m the father of 5 fantastic kids—4 boys and 1 girl, and the grandfather of 6 healthy and beautiful grand babies!
- In my younger days, after the movie Pretty Woman came out, people mistakenly thought I was Richard Gere! I was actually paid to attend events portraying Richard Gere. Now…not so much! And, by the way, I have yet to have a “Runaway Bride!”
- I am a man of passion and strong convictions. I have the utmost respect for all those who have served in our military. Two of my sons were Army Rangers and my son-in-law is a Marine. To say thank you, I give discounts to those serving in the armed forces.
- I am known as the “Grillmaster!” I love to grill everything from chicken wings to pizza!
- My favorite movie is Princess Bride. I know every line!
- Ferrari’s in Grapevine is my favorite restaurant (it’s where I proposed to my wife!).
- The most influential person in my life was my grandfather. He exposed me to wonderful things like the summer musicals, fine dining and traveling the world.
- My favorite memory is sitting on the porch with my Grandfather, drinking a cold Dr. Pepper and listening to the St. Louis Cardinals’ games together.
- The best advice I was ever given: “When you are speaking to someone, always look them in the eye; and no matter who they are, focus on them as if they are the only person in the world.”
- After serving in pastoral positions for 15 years, my day job now is as a Financial Consultant, but my passion is still performing weddings!