WHO IS CHARLEY TAYLOR?
- Happily married to Terrie since 1970—She’s my greatest gift, who, by the way, is also the world’s greatest cook!
- Blessed to be the father to 3 grown kids and proud grandfather (“Papa”) to 11 awesome grandkids. I’m a dedicated participant in “dad jokes” and now “granddad jokes, too”
- My dad nicknamed me “Knothead” when I was a boy because of my stubbornness.
- Favorite movie—Back to the Future (the one liners are endless and priceless); Favorite TV show—NCIS
- Dallas Cowboys, KC Chiefs and TX Tech are my favorite football teams
- I’m fluent in Brazilian Portuguese after our family served as missionaries there for 8 years
- I want the fruits of the Spirit to show up in my life—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
- Someone I admire greatly in this world is my 91 year old mother-in-law. She has outlived 3 husbands, and at one point, raised 6 kids as a single mom for 16 years. Her strong faith has given her the courage to grow through all her struggles. She’s a rock and my hero!
- My favorite quote—The Serenity Prayer: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- My wife, Terrie, and I serve in our church as Relationship Champions, which means we work with 1) premarital couples to prepare for their lives together and 2) existing marriages to help make them stronger.
- I want every marriage I touch to be permeated by a mutual commitment by both bride and groom to remain together no matter what, and be a team that fights together against whatever obstacle comes their way.