WHO IS BRIAN DAY?
- Married to my best friend for 34 years, and still going strong! We have 3 grown sons, (all of whom make me proud), including 2 daughters-in-law and 1 grandchild.
- Love my faithful, wonderful and occasionally annoying dog (and truthfully, all pets and animals in general).
- Grew up in Austin, TX hearing live music from Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Johnson, among many others. Began to sing, play guitar and keyboard in several bands, then freelanced and taught as Brian Day Music (another LoveNotes musician!)
- I’m pretty much a walking encyclopedia of pop music through the 1990s (after that, not so much).
- In my spare time, I enjoy writing songs, playing guitar in the worship band at church, reading novels and studying history.
- My two favorite restaurants—Pappadeaux’s Cajun food and Fuddrucker’s Burgers!
- Although I’m a UNT grad, I’m also a UT ex-student, so I do have some Burnt Orange in my system. But my heart leans to the Red and Black of Texas Tech, where my youngest son was on the drumline.
- I have a humorous recurring dream (nightmare?) that involves offering to go get something that is missing at an event, but not being able to get back on time because of traffic, crowds, locked doors, etc. You can have fun deciding what this says about me, but I take it as a reminder to pay attention to detail and be prepared!
- When I was 10 years old, I won a coloring contest at a local grocery store, and the prize still amazes me—a short round trip train ride BY MYSELF! My mother saw me off at the station with a dining car attendant taking charge of me. We toured the train, had a snack in the dining car, arrived at our destination, changed trains, had lunch and arrived back at our point of departure. Pretty sure this would not be offered today, but it was a great experience I’ll never forget!
- Although I’ve had many heroes in my lifetime, my heroes today consist of ordinary people who pray and love their families and trust God for every day.
- My favorite Bible verse (for any event, but especially weddings) is Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Wow! Do we ever need that verse when it comes to planning weddings!